Innovation Development Centre,
22-28 George Street, Balsall Heath, Birmingham B12 9R
0121 773 8643 · email@example.com
This Notice was prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As an organisation who delivers/delivered courses, it is a requirement to retain the information members provide. This is retained solely for the continuance to provide you, as a member, with support, guidance, safety and for the use of gathering evidence to help assess the effectiveness of our programmes to the community by writing reports and publications.
All information provided is used for our purposes and strictly no personal information is shared to third parties, and all reports and publications will always be anonymised.
- OUR COMMITMENT:
Approachable Parenting are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we alone process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- THE INFORMATION WE HOLD OF YOU:
The only way that we collect your data is when you have contacted Approachable Parenting directly to enquire your interest for our programmes/services, which we require to process and inform you of upcoming programmes according to your requests and to ask for your consent to finalise you wanting to join the programme.
Further information of your personal details is then collected from you prior to you starting the programme, where you have consented to participate and allow us to process your data.
Your child/children’s details are collected only for the purpose of ensuring the right course is delivered according to your child’s age and for statistical evidence to show how many families and children within each family we have benefited, which will always be anonymous, and never shared.
- PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Informing you of your interest and enquires;
- Ensuring the right programme is delivered to you;
- For performance of a contract we enter into with you; prior to signing in to start a programme;
- Assess the effectiveness of our programmes and meeting the needs of our targeted parents;
- Writing reports and publications (anonymised);
- For our legitimate interest (as described in this policy) where your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests.
- YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR INFORMATION:
Your personal data is always treated as strictly confidential. Even though it is a requirement to retain your information due to you attending our programme, we still ensure that you are the ownership of your own personal data, therefore, you have the right to know why and how your information will be used.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and only retain your data to write reports and publications which will always be anonymised.
You will only receive marketing communication from us only if you have indicated you would like to receive them. This can be in a form of email or WhatsApp, if you had agreed either when enquiring for our programmes, prior to attending our programmes, or provided your details to us at the workshops we hold. We hold your personal details for our legitimate interests to provide you with details about our programmes, services and workshops which may be of your interest.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information detailed in section 6 at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 773 8643 providing us with your name and contact to identify the right person;
- You can opt yourself out of WhatsApp groups, by removing yourself and exiting the group; or
- Message us on WhatsApp to remove your contact from WhatsApp, on 07597 833 772.
- MONITORING AND RECORDING:
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone, emails, messages, completed evaluation forms or what you inform us directly) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, compliance and to comply with the law according to safeguarding.
- Approachable Parenting does not share your personal data to third parties. As an organisation who looks for the interest of our clients we will always obtain your consent if you would require further support and referred to other organisations to fulfil your needs.
- With regards to Safeguarding, we have the right to share your information to abide to the Safeguarding regulations, to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA:
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you prior to you starting our programmes and you fail to provide the data when requested, we would not be able to perform the contract we have and would not be able to allow you to continue onto our programmes.
- DATA SECURITY:
- Your data is always kept locked in cabinets and on databases that are protected with passwords;
- We have implemented appropriate organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure;
- In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees and contractors that have a legitimate business need for such access;
- For every parent attending a parenting programme is always given a code to ensure you are not identified.
- ACCESS TO, UPDATING, DELETING AND RESTRICTING USE OF PERSONAL DATA:
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
- Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided.
- You also have the right to access information held about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Please send any requests relating to the above at email@example.com specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
- CONTACT US:
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy or how we use your personal data please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approachable Parenting CIC © 2018